gallery comments

Since folks have commented on my photographs, I though I should do the
same. Let me know if I'm too brutal in my comments; honesty has always
helped me, so perhaps it will help others.

Andrew

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html as of 2009-12-25:

Jack Klasey
The Duomo, Florence

Wonderful lines, and excellent composition with the circle "funnel" in a
prominent position. The angle is unusual, and the fact that you've
flattened the perspective turns the piece into an arresting abstract.

Alan Zinn
Cotswold Cottage. Greenfield Village, Michigan

I had to go to your web page to view the full photograph, and even then,
I wanted it to be bigger to see all the detail. I like the bus (which
seems to match the vintage of the house) and the people; there is a
story here, and it makes it into something more than just a nice
panoramic landscape.

Dan Mitchell
Thames Tugboat

I like this photograph, but the two subjects (the clock and the boat)
are a little too centered for me. And you could crop off some sky
(probably just above the clock's spire); there really isn't anything
going on there.

John Palcewski
Susan Sontag

I didn't yet go to your web page describing how you were in a position
to take a photograph of Ms. Sontag, but I wish the picture was a little
sharper. Her eyes look a little haunted; I'm unsure if she was tired, or
if the flash (which I assume you used; correct me if I'm mistaken) just
accentuated the circles under her left eye. But it is a decent picture
considering probable non-optimal circumstances.

Andrew Brooks
Possum Valley

Ok, I'm like the other reviewer who was surprised that there were really
300 separate photographs layered and stitched for this image. It is a
nice image, and (probably because of all the photographs) the exposure
of the sky and shadows is good. And to top it off, you were shooting
into the sun. Not a project that I would have undertaken, but it's quite
nice. The distortion bothers me a bit, but really, only a bit.

Mark Harris
Inna

Now *there's* a look. I'm not sure if it alluring, or warning. At any
rate, the lighting is beautiful, like sunlight. I didn't even initially
realize it was a nude because my eyes were immediately drawn to hers.
Tasteful, and sexy.

Emily Ferguson
The videographer

An interesting photograph. I wish the videographer wasn't in his own
shadow, and the people on top of the photo are a bit distracting to me.
The videographer is centered, which also makes it a little difficult to
concentrate on him. Just a thought, but I wonder what it would look like
to crop the photograph on top (to remove the people) and just to the
left of the large rope spool. This would put him slightly off center,
and the mass of ropes would make a good background. If possible, I'd try
to lighten his face, too.

--
http://andrewsharpe.com