Question

Why is it that in earlier times science and art could coexist comfortably and today so many artists seem scared to death of learning any science and so many engineer-scientists find no value in art or desire to create it? I wonder if this modern extensive degree of specialization and complete distrust of the other or their knowledge, hasn't a great deal to with our inability to solve the problems we face in the world today? What could an instructor do to bridge that gap?

Ed Scott