Re: Characterize Digital Camera Color

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:17:29 -0700, Ruey <tmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>Trevor, I'd bet that you would be able to tell the difference between a
>good dye transfer and a gum bichromate if you tried, and even tell that
>one more closely resembled what you see with your eyes. Just as it is
>possible for the human vision system to detect the difference between an
>out of focus image and one that is sharp, it is generally possible for
>most people to tell the difference between images whose color accurately
>reproduces a subject and one that abstracts color (excepting perhaps
>people whose red sensor overlaps their green one or the less frequent
>occurrence of blue overlaps green, or where reality just becomes
>incomprehensible). Rather than abuse my interest in obtaining accurate
>reproduction of color why not just keep silent if the posting does not
>interest you?

Ed, it is my understanding that all humans see colours very differently. I'm not
sure then how you intend to 'accurately reproduce' what the human eye sees?
Whose eyes? Yours? A panel of judges?

Is it then real art?

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics