Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5290

On 14 Dec 2009, at 04:04, List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students wrote:

>>          Dan Mitchell - Gallery
>
> I'm almost ready to go out and get an iPhone just to be able to give this app a try. I keep trying to find seams and repeated people as a kind of "Where's Waldo?" puzzle. As a photograph it is a nice architectural image but is more interesting to me from the production point of view.

PANORAMAS

There are several photo stitching "Apps" available for the iPhone - I have tried them, and find the best is "AutoStitch" by Cloudburst Research.  In England it costs 1.19 GBP.

In use you simply take a series of overlapping shots, which go into the iPhone's "Camera Roll"; then run AutoStitch and point it to the relevant shots, press "Stitch" within the app. -- and the pano. is thereafter completely automatically made.

Dan.