From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jonathan turner
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:31 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Metadata

Hello, can anyone explain to me exactly what metadata is?

My understanding is that it's all the technical data from the camera, embedded within the file. However, I wandered if any captioning I give to an image will also be included in this.

I caption stuff in the 'file info' tool in Photoshop. I wander whether someone without access to PS could read the captions in another piece of  software, such as photomechanic etc?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers,

Jonathan.
--