Subject: tele converters
From: MichaelHughes7A@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, November 23, 2009 1:01 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There seem to be two approaches to multiplying the focal length of a lens.

The one that I am familiar with is the type which its between the camera body and the lens,

The other method is to use a supplementary lens which screws into the filter mount.

The second (outboard) method seems to be simpler and cheaper and quicker to change so I guess there must be a downside.

Your comments would be appreciated.  Thank you.  Michael