Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5274

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 21, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/ gallery.html include:

             Jim Snarski - Hummie

I love hummies...I have two feeders at my kitchen window sink. They have provided many delightful moments of aviary observation. They are lovely, but they are very pugnacious birds. That characteristic makes them even more appealing. I like this photo, especially the feet of the bird.

             Christopher Strevens - Storm breakers at Rottingdean

A moody seascape. Very dark land, with a bright highlight in the sky. This is not a "technical" image, but an image of "identification". Like this one too.

             Stephen Ylvisaker -

Didn't need to know the location of shooter, I remember doing this as a child (tooooo many years ago!). Nice isolation of subject with potentially very confusing background.

             Mark Harris - Inna at the Window

Very nice combination of light and model gesture. Hair only adds more to mood. I love the highlight on the belly/stomach.

             John Palcewski - Sir Stephen Spender

This image is fuzzy to me. The contradiction of "portrait" with perspective (shot from down under) makes it more a snapshot, rather than studied, character-revealing photograph. I do like the gesture of the hand between the legs.

             Dan Mitchell - Contrasts

Oh, a delightful image of contemporary landscape. The conflicting directions in the pic are wonderful...cap direction of sitting figure, hand gesture of back figure, eye direction of pedestrian in green coat along with the architectural railing and bridge support all work to a very visually active photograph.

             Don Roberts - Foggy Morn

My reaction to the visually tilted horizon is one of disorientation. I want to make out the landscape illogic. I can't quite do that. It makes me unsettled. If that was your goal, then it does it for me.

Thanks to all who contributed and to the PF staff.

Belinda