Re: Photoshop Work Flow / Well another day, another day on the phone

I turn off my computer as much as practical except in the winter when I want to heat the room. And I have to turn off the computer to change the drives as I only run 5 or 6 hard drives at a time. But even more time consuming and annoying is to move around in bridge you have to be on the file tab and to get the data on the files you have to be on the data tab. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth- it decreases analysis and thought.
Roy

In a message dated 11/19/2009 2:01:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On 11/19/09 1:39 PM, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Time wise opening Photoshop 7.0 and browser is much faster than
> Photoshop C3 and Bridge.

While it's true that launching PS3 and Bridge requires that I twiddle my
thumbs for about 3/4 of a minute (Mac OSX.4.11, G4, 1.33gHz processor),
it's also true that I rarely quit them unless I need to restart my Mac
(about once a week or so now).  Macs have a feature which I depend on,
of Hideing an application to get it out of sight.  There are other ways
to get things out of sight while not Quitting, but Hide is the one I
most prefer to use.

This means that I rarely have to twiddle my thumbs!  And, of course,
were I a lot richer, I would have to wait considerably less time,
because I could afford a much faster and more powerful Mac.

But, you know, 3/4 of a minute just isn't that much time.