Re: From the sublime to the ridiculous?

On Wed, November 18, 2009 16:39, ADavidhazy wrote:

> Very true. On the other hand we (the school) has to give something for the
> more thaN 100K tuition
> bill that these "kids" are paying. Hopefully some of this obscure
> knowledge helps them in the future
> deal with unexpected problems or something like that. I am no good at
> giving them meaningful
> experiences with aesthetes and art "stuff" and so hide behind a "techy"
> front!

Lots of photography can be done by experiment instead of by understanding
the underlying theory.  I'm interested in the theory myself, but when I'm
actually shooting pictures I'll go for the empirical results whenever that
looks convenient.  (Digital has greatly improved the ability to solve hard
problems in photography by trial and error, of course.)

I'm very much a techy photographer.  I don't have much background or even
much vocabulary to talk about the "art stuff" (which I've been trying to
do bits of work on now and then, as has been evident in a few threads
here).
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info