RE: Well another day, another day on the phone

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:50:04 -0700, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote/replied to:

>Well its not like Id really have to give up CS2.  It still does what I expect it to do.  I have no interest in graphic design.  Yea there are a few features Id like to have but the expense reward just isn't there yet.  The biggest drawback is that bridge is so (insert your favorite word from the George Carlin list here) slow, I was leaning toward lightroom.  That is till Adobe treated me what I consider to be very poorly this afternoon.  If the people dealing with Aperture would take a call and answer a simple question that would have a great deal of weight in my decision.  No I don't expect them to teach me to use it over the phone, and no I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't exist for a version 2 updates old or really upset.  Yet telling me to ask someone else really turned me the wrong way.  Lightroom was the way I was leaning though.

I still have my Capture One LE and it still works for my RAW 10d files and I
always liked it but as you say Adobe Bridge really really sucks. I would not buy
Photoshop for RAW conversions. The Canon software does convert RAW files too...

Now if anyone has thought about getting Premier Elements 7 for some video
editing, forget it! It's practically useless and the slowest thing I've ever
seen. I've got a fast computer but it takes so long to load just the program I
go get a snack. Then it won't handle most of the recent video formats, doesn't
like variable bitrate sound, gets everything out of synch, and generally is the
worst and least intuitive user interface I've ever seen.

I went to Adobe Help online, read some of the forums, and all the answers there
basically said 'can't do that, sorry can't help, wrong format etc...'

Well, enough Adobe ranting, I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that Adobe has
always been 5 years behind.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics