RE: Well another day, another day on the phone

Well its not like Id really have to give up CS2.  It still does what I expect it to do.  I have no interest in graphic design.  Yea there are a few features Id like to have but the expense reward just isn't there yet.  The biggest drawback is that bridge is so (insert your favorite word from the George Carlin list here) slow, I was leaning toward lightroom.  That is till Adobe treated me what I consider to be very poorly this afternoon.  If the people dealing with Aperture would take a call and answer a simple question that would have a great deal of weight in my decision.  No I don't expect them to teach me to use it over the phone, and no I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't exist for a version 2 updates old or really upset.  Yet telling me to ask someone else really turned me the wrong way.  Lightroom was the way I was leaning though.  Thanks

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Well another day, another day on the phone
From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, November 18, 2009 10:30 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If the only reason you're considering upgrading Photoshop is for the
camera raw capabities I'd totally skip it and go to Lightroom.

There are so many reasons LR beats ACR I can't list them all.
Organization, workflow, ease of use and speed being huge factors.

LR seems to be more of a standard than Aperture and for that reason
I'd go with LR. There are great resources on the web for it.

I would give up Photoshop before I'd give up LR. No question about it.

Hope this helps a bit.

Lea

life is short. photograph it.