Re: Sample question FYI

Rich,

good points - spoken like a true student. lol!  andy

if it had moved in a circle the density distribution probably would be different with center of low density and edges of higher density, no? I guess it depends ... Light intensify variation is a possibility as well ... maybe I will add some explanatory comments and more specificity before handing this to the class! I think this is sort of like asking someone to determine the height of a building when all they have is a clock as the instrument to rely on.

food for thought ...

;)
andy

Rich Mason wrote:
Seems to me there are a couple variables missing.

Was the light constant?  What color was the object?

In the second photo how far away from the object was the light? If relatively close to the object, the object could have been moving in a circular fashion. If not, the light could have varied in intensity as the object moved across the plane, or the object could have slowed down as it crossed the center of the frame.

Rich