Re: PF exhibit on 17-10-09

Hi all,

As the rain, hopefully, comes to an end here in New Jersey and we get back to October temperatures, I'll give my thoughts on this week's gallery.

----- Original Message ----- <SNIP>
Subject: PF exhibit on 17-10-09

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 03, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

      John Palcewski - Cake Eater

A terrific capture! I love the look on his face. The photograph is also very good technically.

      Pini Vollach - Dancing

This is a very nice image. With all the action you still managed to get the composition right. I like that the two men at the table are framed by the foreground dancers.

      Marilyn Dalrymple - Summer Reading

This is a very nice casual portrait. The book made a very nice reflector providing just the right fill on her backlit face.

      Christopher Strevens - Picnic

It almost looks like a cloud hanging over the picnicers. You have a unique viewpoint here which is interesting. It's odd but I like it.

      Belinda Peters - Texas, April 2009

I think we need to know a little more about why you made this particular image. The arrows on the street are not enough in themselves to give us a clue.

      Mark Harris - Lyndsey

I'll leave comments on this to others:-) It was a crappy weather day and we were lucky to get a couple of times when we could get onto the roof. I have described the overcast as the worlds largest softbox.

      Peeter Vissak - September in the Rain

One of those times when having a camera handy helps. An interesting grab but not much else.

      Dan Mitchell - Separates

I like the line up the middle and the cones and tape that are containing the two men. It does show how we have become dependent on our technology. I like this photograph.

<SNIP>

From: Phoebe and the whole PF exhibits staff

<SNIP>

I'll be at PhotoPlus Expo on Friday so if you spot me stop and say hi!

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/