Re: PF exhibit on 03-10-09

Trevor Cunningham wrote:

David Dyer-Bennet - Sunken Garden - Cool! The landscape and shape of the canopy naturally corrects the lens distortion. I have to second John in that this works very well. I would have waited for the people to leave, if possible, and gotten a little more anal about the symmetry of the cyprus trees on the side and the frame of the atrium. Definitely the winner for me this week.

Thanks! I need to take special action to get a tripod into that venue, and I haven't worked with fisheye on tripod much but I think I need a boom or something -- otherwise the legs would be in the photo, they stick out a LOT more than my own legs do, and I have to keep a close eye on that. Which makes the anality which I agree this photo really needs harder to deliver. Enough of the sky shows that I need the right weather conditions, and in those conditions I don't have much hope of finding the place empty. And without a tripod I can't try to dispose of the people with a long exposure. But again I think you're probably right about the people.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info