Re: PF exhibit on 03-10-09

At 9:02 AM -0400 10/3/09, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 03, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

              Emily L. Ferguson - Camo

Hmm.  Guess I gotta sharpen these things more before I send them off...

              Don Roberts - Church Parking Lot 2

These cliché shots are, somehow, always so damn successful. The uniformity of the carriages, and the culture, is scarey in real life, but somehow poignant and so easy to photograph in their moment.

              Dan Mitchell - Hands Up

Wierd. What do the hands mean? Are they connected to the Starbucks sign? Am I missing something in the culture wars? I guess the title would make more sense if the hands actually were reaching up.

              John Palcewski - Strega

A tragedy. Poor child. So disaffected. Trying so hard to be something, but choosing so terribly the thing to be - self mutilating, angry, alienated, black and white, rejecting subtlety and color - the harshness of this style.

              David Dyer-Bennet - The sunken garden

Nifteeee!!! Great imagination. Brilliant, to figure out how to use that lens without just be iconoclastic.

              Trevor Cunningham - day at the races

Wish there were some motion here, instead of implied motion.

              Stephen Ylvisaker - Kingfisher 2009/09/14

Yeah, I'd get rid of a lot of the environment and that oak branch that just nearly touches the bird, and sharpen a lot. But these sorts of situations are rare unless one specializes in birds, so congrats.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx