Re: PF exhibit on 09-19-09

Without photoshopping, I don't know how I would have darkened the background, although that would have separated Eirik's body from the fence better. When I learn the camera better, I might choose a wider aperture, but at the wide angle view that was used, even that would have little effect, I think, on the depth of field. I prefer not to use photoshop to make those sort of manipulations.

I am thankful that Eirik is not a dog that does the sloppy kiss routine. In fact, he is not much of a kisser, preferring just to taste the salt of perspiration on my arms. I try to keep that activity to a minimum also. Eirik and my long-haired calico are quite accepting of each other, by the way.

Stephen

>            Eirik the Red

I'd prefer the bg to be kicked back by darkening and throwing further out of focus.  Not being a dog person I mostly find myself looking at the yucky sloppy tongue and dragonian curve of its edge draped among the aptly named canines there!  Must be a nice dog, but keep me away from the sloppy kiss routine, please.

-- Emily L. Ferguson