Re: Camera question

Rich, thanks for your thoughtful reply.  DSLRs I have so this is a special category I am asking about.  Something in between.  Anything besides the Powershots?
Don

Rich Mason wrote:
Don,

That's just too much of an open ended question.  If the lack of a swiveling viewfinder is a deal breaker I think you will be very limited in your choices, and in fact may have had the decision made for you already.

I wonder if anyone has made a search tool where one could check off the features desired and see what matches.  I imagine this would be very helpful to camera shoppers, especially with point-and-shoots.

I can't tell you how many times I've had people ask me what camera they should buy.  I usually don't have an answer but, rather, a lot of questions. So, I'll do the same with you--other than the swiveling viewfinder, what do you want this camera to do and what do you plan to do with it?  How compact should it be?  How much shutter lag is acceptable?  What ab oes it need a good macro function?  Does it need to do well in low light?  Image stabilization?  What's your budget?  Does it need to shoot RAW?

How about a nice micro four thirds camera which allows you to switch lenses:  http://www.dpreview.com/previews/PanasonicGF1/  Sorry, no swiveling viewfinder.

Now, what kind of car should I buy?

Rich