RE: PF members photos on 08-29-09 - comments

Jim, thanks for the additional info.--Rene

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James B. Davis
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 6:33 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: PF members photos on 08-29-09 - comments

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:14:03 -0400, Rene Hales <Rene@xxxxxx> wrote/replied
to:

>Jim Davis - Road into the Woods
>This does seem oddly overly light in the foreground. I do find the dark
>interior curve interesting and a bit foreboding. Might crop the foreground
>and see what it does.

Let me clear this up - I took the photo from a bit of a clearing in the
woods and it's brighter there in the foreground. This is pretty well a
straight camera file reduced in size and with the background woods lightened
just a bit to get more detail there.

I might have cropped the foreground but would have lost the S curve in the
road that I like.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company: http://easternbeaver.com/ -
Motorcycle Electrics Check out my incredible fuse panel - the PC-8 is a hit!