Re: PF members photos on 08-29-09

Roy:
: In term of visual meaning Dan is right. In inkjet  printing white is the
: absents of dye or pigment and black is a lot of dye or  pigment. Thus
white
: becomes the color of the paper base whether white , cream or  even gold
if
: printed on gold foil paper.
:     In Russ's picture if he wanted white he could  easily obtain it by
: using the magic wand in PS and changing the background to  any color(s)
: (including white). However in a traditional portrait gray is a good
choice.
: Roy

I KNEW it would come this with digital!

Graphic designers maintained white was the absence, photographers the
opposite, comprehending that the 'colour' we see is a reflection of
light(s) from an object, thus a white object is reflecting all the colours
while a 'black' object is only black because it absorbed all the light

both are right, but each is approaching things from their perspective - now
the lines are blurred.. we once saw the world as RGB, now we're mixing it
with CpCMpMYpKK (with RG thown in by Canon ;)