Re: copyright protection and the extreme

I support the idea that children should not be allowed to used the Internet until they are 18 just like you can't drink beer legally (in the US) until you are 18. It would give them something to look forward to. Also the state I live in has graduated licenses for driving a road vehicle.
Perhaps the Internet could be the same way. You get a learners permit at 16 and the govt. keeps track of all the sites a learner goes to. At least this would stimulate talented children's interest in math, logic  and creating software to hack into the system. The system would be enforced by having a bar code on one's license or identity cards (my state will issue identity cards to people who don't drive so they can prove they exist).

Anyhow whatever they do will not prevent copyright infringement. Travel pictures from allover the world show up on commercial web sites. With the move away from paper based publishing to Internet and electronic displays plus advances in manipulation copyright will become impossible to enforce in most situations.

Roy