Re: Free-almost free pictures?

At 12:27 PM -0700 8/4/09, Alberto Tirado wrote:
 > Is anyone on PF doing that
 with images or
 music, or know about someone doing it?

Well, not me! But I heard there's a music group - apparently famous, but I can't recall their name! - who put their most recent album on the net for free download and people would pay whatever they thought it was worth.

Radiohead. It was a mixed bag of return. Nobody paid what the CD would cost even at Amazon's discount prices.

You can also consider putting your photos in microstock, if you can make it through the "admistrativia" (tagging, uploading, categorizing...). They are sold for little money (thus widely available) and can report a few bucks back once in a while.

There is definitely no point in doing any of the online microstock companies without full keywording and captioning. There is also no point in doing any of it unless your work is very stylishly up-to-date.

Finally, you might want to consider the equivalency between cost and value. Microstock returns of a few pennies per usage definitely reflect the value of the work, while most of the few remaining large stock houses are taking 50% and more as well as your copyright, and not making a living at it either.

Stock has become a very poor market since the internet set the price at zero.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx