Free-almost free pictures?

I'm reading all this stuff about the ideas in "The Long Tail" and "Free"
by Chris Anderson and pondering about things to do with my photographic
interests.
I shoot a lot of pictures now with digicams - some aren't half bad. They
accumulate and I do Blurb books and show them to friends.  I also have
from time to time done picture research so I know something about that.
I'm thinking I should make my work available  "pay what you think it's
worth" - Is there a marketing term for that? The only control would
involve copyright and credits. Is anyone on PF doing that with images or
music, or know about someone doing it?

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround E-Book 5ed.