Re: 'Leica S2 DSLR hitting UK scene in October '

Chris :

>The technology will hit the high street this time next year! Just sit
tight.
It will soon be $1 a Mpix like hard disks. This is not the time to jump
unless you are into the top notch advertising - glamour bracket or top
notch
technical.

>It will be a shift away from the technical camera with sheet film and take
something from that market.

I wonder - did 50,25, and lower ASA, smaller grain films really eat into
the medium/large format market that much?

>By the way has anyone seen anything of 3-d (lenticular array) photography?

I have one of those cameras, it came with an accompanying video narrated by
Vincent Price, nicely made - it looks like it'll last for many, many years.
A Nimslo it's called.  The few prints I have look really good.

I'm trying to lay my hands on a cheap source of lenticular plasic sheet -
i'd love to be able to make up a little script to split and recombine a
series of digital images into one I could inkjet print and laminate with a
lenticular grid

but for now, back to WoW