Comments on 7-18-09 Gallery

Hi all,

Here are some thoughts on this weeks submissions:

John Palcewski - A very nice slice of life image. If there are any more details in the tree it would be nice to see but that is a minor issue.

Emily L. Furguson - Photographing the scene at low tide made an interesting photograph out of one that would have just been a simple landscape.

Stephen Ylvisaker - I like the time of day you made the photograph and the way the sun lit the statue. I think the composition would have been stronger if it was on the right "looking" into the frame. You would have still had the dome in the background and the flowers below.

Dan Mitchell - This is another image you made with the phone and this software that is really good. I attend a photography group in New Jersey with many talented photographers. One is a commercial shooter who shows great images made with many traditional tools. Recently he brought in some very good photographs of difficult landscapes. When he told us he used a small point-and-shoot digital camera we all understood that a good photographer can use almost any tool.

Eugene Kowaluk - I love B&W photographs of colorful subjects. I think it is nice to see the form in these scenes.

Andrew Davidhazy - An amazing image. You do come up with unusual techniques and interesting ways to use them in creative ways.

Mark Harris