Review of the PF exhibit on 07-11-09

as seen at PF's exhibit space at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Don Roberts - Canyon de Chelly
I can definitely see a face here. Including hair (the black vertical lines on the rock). If you toned it green, it would almost look like the Incredible Hulk! I don't know how much post work you did on it, but I feel like a little more contrast and perhaps some burn work to give it a little vignette would have "rocked" the image.

Belinda Peters -
The first thought I had was "Cool use of a really cool window". Then my eyes went straight to the top left where there is a touch of background peeking through and I had to force myself back to the subject. A touch of cropping will fix this. It could also use a little contrast bump as well.

Rene M Hales - Seedlings
This is a nicely done infrared photo. I like the seedlings and the lines they draw, but with them being dark and the seedlings are more gray, the white trees dominate the photo and I think viewers have to work to see the seedlings. If you brightened up the seedlings, it might have more impact.

Dan Mitchell - Market Place
It amazes me what that phone can do! It did a good job handling this complex scene. Photographically, the two trailers on either side are distractive. Its interesting how it took the two women on the left and as they moved through the photo made the street look a lot busier. If it were not for some ghosting that gave it away, it could have almost passed 6 people instead of two. Its an unavoidable effect of moving objects in stitched photos, but in this case, it raises the photos "cool" factor.

Christopher Strevens - Happy but frightened
This is a touching photo that will provide you important memories.

Alberto Tirado - Slow Night at the Fire Station
Other than the slight tilt to the photo, this is a solid photojournalistic story-telling photo. I might have dodged the fire-fighter's face a bit. But its got good tonal range and works well as a black and white photo.

Mark Harris - Samantha Lightpainted
I must be on a contrast kick today. This is a nice art-nude. You've used shape quite well, taking advantage of the model's contours. I think her ink is a bit washed out in particular on the near side. Beyond that, its well done.

Andrew Davidhazy - Diamond in the rough

Nice use of naturally occurring spot color. It provides us good texture and lines to keep our mind interested.

Nice work everyone!
Rob

--
Rob Miracle