Re: [Fwd: Photography Half-Life (Decay Rate) Changes]

David,

You concluded that I'm "a bit of an anti-digital zealot".

That is not strictly true.  In fact, my problem may have been that of an early digital adopter.
I started with a Canon G1 in 2001, progressed to a Fuji S2, later a Leica DMR, and then reverted to film capture for a number of reasons.  One being that I was uncomfortable with the camera life cycles and cost.  Canon is now on a G10, averaging about 1 new version every year.  I continue to shoot digital in the studio.  I shoot film on the street.  I think that we may indeed see the end of almost all film within the next few years.  Maybe I just want to shoot it while I still can.

I started to think about this longevity issue when I digitized some 200 or so negatives my Grandfather shot in the 1920's.  The recent announcement of Kodak about Kodachrome revived my thinking about it.

I appreciate your thoughtful answer to my queries.

Steve