Re: inkjet paper

Lea asks:
I'm curious.

I'm sure there are as many responses to this question as there are
people on this forum.

What is your preferred ink jet paper and why.

I'm in the mood to play with new paper and want to get some ideas as
to what folks like.

http://www.atlex.com/ilford/ilford-galerie-smooth-high-gloss-paper.htm

nothing comes close to this for a full gloss, ilfochrome/ilfoflex-like
print.  The only problem is to take full advantage you need a good dye ink
printer, the pigment inks aren't worth using on this.

Saying this often leads to discussions on professionalism (whatever that
means) and print longevity - my take is that if the choice is: the print
only lasts 10-25 years but looks fantastic V the print lasts 1000 years but
looks mediocre, I'd go for the short lived fantastic looking print.  I'd
also *maybe* do a long-life print as well, but i'd weigh up whether it is
ever likely to be of any great historical significance ;)