Our Club's First Excibition Story...

Hello all!

This is the story of our photo club first exhibition...while most of the members are novices we thought of making some noise about us just like teenagers do....

So the last 2 months were spent preparing a one-day exhibition setup in open-air in one of the town’s parks...

Photos were taken, prints were made (4 each) (and thanks to the club members that owned B&W enlargers) and were double-side taped on light foam-board (used by architects for mock-ups) (cheep, easy and light). We had already secured use of tripods from a members job, clip-on spotlights from the municipality arts organization, and soon we were ready to launch....

BUT we had to postpone the opening for a week and that Thursday it was rainy...the whole day long...Just as when we had setup the tripods it started in the morning, a nerve breaking drizzle, and kept on and off...Sometime in the afternoon during a spell of good weather we started mounting the photos...Half way through it started again. We decided to “fall and fail” but not without trying, and kept on hanging in the rain...Some people were already visiting and we were all using umbrellas! Thanks god for someone bringing thin nylon sheeting to cover the photos...

So this is how we operated.....

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9278/87026894.jpg

And by past 22:00 the rain had stopped and we could use the lights! But a decision would have to be made...Since we had a lot of borrowed equipment either some of us would have to crash there on guard, or we would pull everything down...

...to set them up again next day!

And we did!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2198/31567383.jpg

It took us less than an hour for the whole lot and we had crowds coming. (did I mentioned that that Friday was hot and there was a concert going nearby?). People were somehow caught off-guard...It was so unexpected, the photo happening, the success, the positive responses, everything!

Some more photos....

http://tinyurl.com/l26jwm

http://tinyurl.com/mqva2b
http://tinyurl.com/md4d2g
http://tinyurl.com/kk2rp8

This was a glorious, memorable experience for me. hope you enjoyed it.

PS...Andy, I hope you received my Gallery contribution (it is from this event)...It seems it did not reach you last week.

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!