Re: Kodak announces the retirement of Kodachrome

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
On Mon, June 22, 2009 14:22, Alberto Tirado wrote:

Sad as I feel to admit it, Kodachrome was "retired" for me more than a
decade ago, since I could no longer have it developed anywhere in Mexico.

Good ol' 25 brought so many satisfactions.

That was the only one of the modern family I really liked.  I hated 64,
and never tried 200 (I was already quite comfortable with Ektachromes at
200 and 400 when the K200 came out).

My mother has some slides from some of the older members of the family,
but I never shot anything older than the basic K25.

I agree about the 25 versus the succeeding speeds.  There was only one Kodachrome.  Ektachrome was better in the higher speeds and I had long since moved to Fujichrome but now shoot no film.  With only one lab in the US processing Kodachrome it had obviously lost its place in the photographic world.  Too bad but inevitable I guess.  Like Studebakers and Kelvinators and  Carter's Little Liver Pills products come and go.  Some are more iconic than others.
Don