RE: Flash Photography

Don't count on much from disposables .
The bride is providing the disposables. They are her idea of good wedding photos. In fact her directions to me were to shoot whatever I think is interesting.

 > Getting the flash off camera is the single one thing I believe one can do to improve the results.
I recently bought a used Metz CT with bracket and 2 battery packs. I have been testing it to get feel for its weaknesses like the 1-2 minute recycle time if it drains the capacitor completely.

 > Now the testing and learning you do in the mean time should help you with the one thing you need the most and that is confidence.
 > Mark

 I did a lot of testing on the weekend. I think I finally understand all the things I read about flash photography but never put into practice. By the end of the weekend I was able to quickly change camera settings between fill flash outdoors in full sunlight or shade using aperture priority mode and shooting indoors at full manual with little ambient light and dragging the shutter. Of course my yard and house are not the site of the wedding so more testing will ensue but at least I now know the basics and don't have to rely on a dedicated flash and camera doing the calculations.

Thanks for your advice Mark.

Greg