RE: Flash Photography

 >  Ask yourself, IF I need to ask these types of questions of flash, am
I really ready to accept a wedding in the first place?

Yes Mark, an excellent question. Before I agreed to shoot this wedding I
made it perfectly clear to the bride that, unlike a pro, I have no
backup equipment and the equipment I do have is not professional grade.
If I have a failure with either the camera, media cards or possibly even
my PC, everything could be lost. I also have precious little experience.
What I can do, when everything works out, is sometimes take a better
photo than her mother can with a p&s.

For this wedding the bride and groom are on their second shot at
marriage, the event will be in their back yard, dress code is shorts and
t-shirts and they are going to buy a pile of disposable cameras to give
to the guests to use during the ceremony so if I fail, they should still
have plenty of shots.

Greg