Subject: Flash Photography
From: Gregory Fraser <Gregory.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, June 19, 2009 7:00 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have my second wedding to shoot this fall and I have a question about camera settings for events like weddings. I have noticed that most wedding photos I see appear to have been shot at around f11 because the DOF is quite long. I prefer at least a little bokeh in the background so I thought about why people would shoot stopped down and I figured the reason was that the photographer does not have enough time to get that critical focus.

Anyway I'm wondering if the professionals on this list have preferred or standard camera settings for events where you or the subject moves around a lot.

Greg