From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
Dyer-Bennet
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:22 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: OT: Paypal account

On Fri, June 12, 2009 01:43, Elson T. Elizaga wrote:
> Is it possible to register in Paypal using a pseudonym? Will I still
be
> able to buy and sell products, or receive money? I'm kinda wary about
> putting my real name for anything related to online commerce.

Paypal accounts are tied to email addresses.  They do have to know your
real name, because the account has to be connected to a bank account
and/or a credit card, and they have to know the name on those accounts;
but I don't believe that information has to be transferred to people you
trade money with.

I don't understand what you're worried about, though.  I'm always
surprised that some people are worried about business online, but not
worried about letting a waiter at a restaurant run off out of sight with
their credit card.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info