Re: Used camera prices

On Mon, June 8, 2009 19:00, Lea Murphy wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2009, at 6:56 PM, Bob wrote:

>> What is a good way to determine the value of a used camera?   In
>> this case I am talking about a Canon EOS 20D.
>>
> I look at the sold items on ebay to get a rough idea then compare the
> accessories I'm selling as well as the condition of the camera to
> those that have recently sold.

I find this is pretty useful as well, for photo gear and lots of other
things.

Note carefully that Lea said "sold"; just looking at buy-it-now prices
tells you more about sellers' optimism than actual value, sometimes.  But
there's a button in the left column of search results pages that lets you
show only *completed* auctions; that shows you prices people have actually
*paid*, and that means something.  Only for the last month or something,
though; so if an item isn't being sold very often, you may not be able to
find anything.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info