Lattice, 3-D - was "proper" perspective - FYI

Chris,

RE stereo or 3-D images 8000 years ago and "parable of the lattice" -
what's that all about?

In the first instance, had someone figured out how to graphically
represent binocular vision? I see a bunch cave people wearing stereo
glasses - Garry Hart!

Lattice is a useful word/idea both metaphorically and literally.
I googled "parable of the lattice bible" and got only a vague notion
that it (lattice) had to do with a view or mental picture as one would
see though a latticed window.  An excellent visual metaphor because it
suggests a array of images (openings) or how something is obscured by
the lattices.  Seeing through the lattice alternately through each eye
demonstrates binocular vision and is a provocative metaphor but still
isn't graphically 3-D.

I would like to see or read a description of the first 3-D graphic.
RE lattice TV - imagine fine horizontal blinds rapidly alternating L to
R eye views.

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround E-Book 5ed.