PF member's photographs: Roy H Miller's

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/miller.html

I'm anything but a nude photographer (I have tried!), and yet for me, nudes have to do a lot with fantasy. This is a beautiful lady that looks so serene, that the strong colors become distracting. They are harmonizing and well chosen - I particularly like the way the hair stands - but I wonder whether there was a need to project an odd (IMHO) ambient with surreal colors or whether you should have gone all the way to cartoon-like. For me, it stands in the middle of "something", but rather should have stayed in the original form.

As some of you may know, I'm FAR from a "purist", and sometimes I do experiment with options when I get tired of a subject, so I applaud that. When I taught photography, I told my students that if they wanted high grades, they had to try with audacity. And yet, they could fail!  ;)

www.alberto-tirado.com