PF member's photographs

As seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html  - my personal opinions!

Dan Mitchell - Black and White

Very eye catching arrangement or juxtaposition of elements in an almost symmetrical layout. Note how black and white squares reverse in position for left and right parts of the scene. Interesting design by the designer and well recorded by the Dan. A slight nit is the slight angle to the photograph.

Roy Miller -

Neat color effect and it works well in my opinion for this model. I don't particularly care for the pink background mostly on right but then I could not suggest anything different.

David Small - Rare breed of cattle

Cool. You mean this was not photographed in Manhattan? The curve of the neck and position of hoof are dynamic imo. Was background blurred digitally - not that it really matters much.

(aside: note that the first three photographs seem to repeat the number 2)

Emily Ferguson - Church tower in Blakenly, Norfolk

These juxtapositions of building walls and shadows attract my attention as well. In this case however the "draw" is somewhat compromised imo by the large space above the triangular sliver of lit wall. Also, the incomplete nature of the slotted window and slight tilt of the image bug me.

Renate Volz - Evening Light

Very romantic. I think the photograph is well done. Maybe the flower could be a little higher up in the frame giving a bit more black space on bottom. The photograph could probably also be turned 90 degrees counterclockwise and it would still "work".

Valery Firsov - Zoom

Interesting effect and well executed. The thing that troubles me (as if anything did!) is that the point of view is from the rear of the kayaker. I would have preferred a front-on view.

andy