OT: security issue for windows users

http://tinyurl.com/lyu7n2

"Microsoft Update Quietly Installs Firefox Extension"

""this update adds to Firefox one of the most dangerous vulnerabilities
present in all versions of Internet Explorer: the ability for Web sites to
easily and quietly install software on your PC." I'm not sure I'd put
things
in quite such dire terms, but I'm fairly confident that a decent number of
Firefox for Windows users are rabidly anti-Internet Explorer, and would
take
umbrage at the very notion of Redmond monkeying with the browser in any
way.

Big deal, you say? I can just uninstall the add-on via Firefox's handy
Add-ons interface, right? Not so fast. The trouble is, Microsoft has
disabled the "uninstall" button on the extension. What's more, Microsoft
tells us that the only way to get rid of this thing is to modify the
Windows
registry"

etc.

no biggie for experienced users who are aware that this has happened, but
not a good advert for Firefox that it allows such a thing..