Re: Comments on 5-23-09 Gallery

    In this picture which I like as shot there is a conflict between the original format (the format presented) and a cropped version. There is also a choice between the original intent when shot and the design feature I saw when I got back the shot. I did crop the original which brings out the cold bird with it feather puffed out which is the reason I shot it in the first place. The manipulated version which are several bring out the design even in the cropped version.
    My observation is that pictures that have birds as the main subject only sell if they are in color. This bird is gray with basically a black, gray and white background even though it was shot on Ektachrome slide film. So this is one of those quiet pictures that probably wouldn't sell to the general public.
Roy