Re: Point & shoot cameras

In a message dated 23/05/2009 17:41:57 GMT Daylight Time, home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
However, these kids are between 5-7yrs so the immediacy of digital is vital to their learning and holding their attention I think.
Sorry about the blank message.

 What I was about to say was that children also like having something to look forward to. Maybe it would make Monday morning more interesting if they knew they were going to see the photos they had taken on Friday.

My earlier contribution about making notes about science experiments and photography was intended for somewhat older children but a start could be made by preparing a sheet about the conditions and the subject so that the children could tick boxes to record whether it was indoors or outdoors whether the sun was shining or whether there were lots of black clouds  etc.   When the prints have been made the children could be asked to provide captions or to suggest - in the case of say, an animal, what the animal might have been thinking about at the time (but no French fauns in the middle of the afternoon)

Michael (who was brought up in Yorkshire and married a lass form Shipley)