Subject: Re: Point & shoot cameras
From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, May 24, 2009 5:14 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

For kids that young I would go disposables. At that age kids are in
a great position to be learning to see imaginatively.

Cameras are toys at this point to the large majority of users. Few
are the 7-year olds who are interested in taking a toy and figuring
out how to make it work technically. But they're also still able to
see outside boxes, too. And that's what I'd concentrate on with that
age group.

Tesco probably has a photo department which can process the film in a
couple hours, prints are vastly more exciting for sharing, putting up
on the cork board, and showing mom and dad, and you can get CDs with
the scans when you get the film processed.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@landsedgephoto.com