Re: Point & shoot cameras

mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
A couple of points. First when you say rare is the day the photographer is working in bright sunlight, it is apparent you don't live in the great state of Texas where sunsets are like no where else in the world. No I don't live in the west Texas deserts, but bright sunshine on many days would make that LCD viewfinder almost as useless as a saddle on a boar hog no matter how you looked at it. It is the overcast day that is rare here.

Well...I'm sure Texas has more sunshine days a year than Minnesota does, though we're not in the Seattle level of clouds and rain either. But the real difference is that, for me, shooting outside at all is fairly rare. I forget there are people who shoot mostly outside sometimes. And I think the OP said he's in Yorkshire, which as I remember it is not famous for its sunshine.

Further more if you are getting it for a teaching tool, you don't want that tool if there is any way possible to be weather dependent. You have found a way to hold a camera with the LCD that works for you, but the same technique you described works just as well with an eye level viewfinder.

Not really, I can't see into the viewfinder to tell where the camera is pointed in that position. It only works with an LCD on the back.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info