Re: Point & shoot cameras

On Fri, May 22, 2009 15:54, Don Roberts wrote:
> Among others, I use a Konica/Minolta A2 which has a pretty good EVF.
> For me it is still a compromise.  I used SLRs for so many years and now
> use DSLRs a lot that I like the viewing through the pentaprism or
> whatever configuration they use now.  Perhaps it is my 70 year old eyes
> that makes the difference but I don't like guessing what I am shooting
> all that much.

Eyes certainly make a difference.  My eyes have had me move to much more
dependence on AF, when I found I was getting unreliable focus manually.
(Only 54, too).

I'd been shooting SLRs for 31 years when I got my first digital camera in
2000, so I think I was pretty used to it.  But going from my first digital
P&S to a DSLR was an interesting exercise.  The images were much better,
and there's more flexibility -- but a lot of things about the DSLR,
including the weight, and the need to get my eye to the viewfinder, and
the noise, strike me as serious problems now.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info