Gallery

I gotta say that this week's photos are very interesting, in my highly
regarded opinion.

Michael Hughes  (Bluebell Wood) - This almost has a dream-like
impressionist feel to it. It oozes delicacy. If it weren't for the
abundance of upward sloping diagaonals I would feel like taking a nap
but as it is, I feel the desire to see what's up the hill.

Bob Sull (Capt Dexter) - You wonder how you could make it better.  That
depends upon what you the image to convey. For me, the slanted horizon
is disturbing. I also find the colors and the contrast a bit dull. Here
http://ea.nickdorf.f-snet.com/temp/Untitled-1.jpg I tweaked contrast and
saturation and straightened the horizon. I also burned a bit of the
water. Also, in the sky you can see dark specks. That is likely dust on
your sensor. You might want to clean it or have it cleaned. Now, the
question is, is my version better? My mom says it is so that settles
that.

Alan Zinn (Untitled - San Francisco) - Oustanding filter use. It works
perfectly with this image. It would be really cool if you got this
painted or printed on the wall of the building behind you when you took
the photo. There's your next project. If there isn't a building there
then you've got another project.

Kostas Papakotas (Still Crooked) - This is an intriguing image. I love
the camera angle as if we're sneeking up and seeing something that is
supposed to be hidden, the blue fingers and the way the tape and tape
measure form a cross. There is very little in the photo but it is all so
perfectly arranged with just enough information to make you wonder what
is going on. Well, at least until you read that it's a grafitti
festival.

Roy H. Miller (Tulips Reach For The Sky) - While this is not an image I
would want to hang on my wall, I think its another good use of
Photoshop. I think the original image would not have nearly the punch
that these plasticized, neon glow, psychadelic tulips possess. It has a
real Alice in Wonderland mushroom eating trip feel to it.

Sweet work.

Greg