Re: No Multiple exposure on Nikon Digitals

On Thu, April 30, 2009 23:50, herschel wrote:
> One of the exercises I give students is to shoot something moving on 3
> successive shots. Then take the red channel from the first, the green
> channel from the 2nd and paste them into the third (Blue) Thus the
> Photoshop image has one colour channel from each image.
>
> You get the same result as using 3 filters and mutiple exposure. The
> moving stuff (Clouds and water are popular) become "Rainbow" because the
> primary colours are out of register. The stationery stuff is not affected.

They used roughly this, on movie film, as a special effect in the original
Star Trek.  They made separations, and then printed them something like 3
frames out of register, so that things that stayed put looked fine, but
things that moved had rainbow fringes.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info