Re: No Multiple exposure on Nikon Digitals

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
Don,       I have taken three normal slide shots, pulled out the red channel from one , the green channel  from another and the blue channel from a third and was unable to get the results I wanted. With the drop shutter did you get a normal tones for the areas that were not moving?

Forgot to answer this part.  The answer is yes, most of the image looks perfectly normal and the parts that move have color fringes depending upon where they were when the appropriate filter was in front of the lens.

    In regards to shooting in film the camera TTL takes into account the different filter factors and equalizes them so each separate color exposure are a third of the exposure. The different filter factors for example might produce one exposure at  1/60 and the other two exposures at 1/180 and all exposure would be at equivalent to 1/3 of the final exposure. The cameras' meter would calculate this for you automatically.  You don't get this computation using a film camera or an digital camera on manual. Though I see that you could obtain the automatic calculations on a digital camera (since you can't fool the camera by changing the ISO like on a film camera) by using the minus three stops on the exposure compensation function button.
Roy