Re: Just hand me your wallet!

----- Original Message -----
From: <herschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: Just hand me your wallet!

: Wow. This sounds amazingly cheap.
: Anna (My wife) and I were planning on moving to the US soon and she is
getting nearly $200 a sitting here (Outdoors on the beach 1 hour)
:
: Are people really working for $25 for a studio sitting there? How many do
you do a day?
:
: I figure rent for a decent shop must be $50 a work-day right? ($1000 a
month) Equipment? Staff?
:
: So you'd need to shoot 6 a day to make a moderate living.  And then you'd
be working like a trojan!
:
: Is this par for the course... lets say in a decent size town - USA?
:
: My Day-rate here is $1200. I only work 2 or 3 days a month because I'm
teaching and running a department at the college as well....  Of course
expenses here are higher too.
:
: I'd love to know some day rates and sitting fees from you guys who are
doing this kind of stuff.

we haven't seen $1200 a day in Perth, Western Australia (in my experience)
since the 80's