Re: Just hand me your wallet!

Wow. This sounds amazingly cheap.
Anna (My wife) and I were planning on moving to the US soon and she is getting nearly $200 a sitting here (Outdoors on the beach 1 hour)

Are people really working for $25 for a studio sitting there? How many do you do a day?

I figure rent for a decent shop must be $50 a work-day right? ($1000 a month) Equipment? Staff?

So you'd need to shoot 6 a day to make a moderate living.  And then you'd be working like a trojan!

Is this par for the course... lets say in a decent size town - USA?

My Day-rate here is $1200. I only work 2 or 3 days a month because I'm teaching and running a department at the college as well....  Of course expenses here are higher too.

I'd love to know some day rates and sitting fees from you guys who are doing this kind of stuff.

Herschel