Re: Recharging digital camera batteries

On Fri, April 17, 2009 14:56, Gregory wrote:
> I have one of those FJ Cruisers from Toyota. It comes with an AC plug that
> allows me to run anything requiring AC. Has anyone used these or something
> similar to charge batteries?

I've used a separate inverter plugged into the lighter socket to run my
battery chargers, works excellently.  The built-in AC plugs are just an
inverter installed somewhere behind the panel.

Anybody know what the current draw of White Lightning x1600 heads is when
the modeling lights are turned off?  I've been wondering if I could run
one or even two heads without modeling lights off a 700 watt inverter (no,
my 700 watt inverter doesn't plug into the lighter socket; it needs to be
clipped directly to the battery terminals).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info