Re: New Nikon D5000

At 14:29 16 04 2009, karl shah-jenner wrote:
Multiple exposure capabilities are more a gimmick idea on digital cameras given that post processing software can allow images to be overlaid with a minimum of effort and a lot more control than film allowed, so I wouldn't rate this highly on my list of needs for a camera.

Yes, adjustments in post-processing does allow more control. However I find the 'multiple exposure' mode on my Pentax dSLR bodies (*istD and K10D) to produce more 'interesting' images. I enjoy the element of surprise, when I see the results of my efforts. To simply overlay images in my computer, does not interest me nearly as much, as making multiple exposures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thingo/tags/multipleexposure/

Another use may be made of multiple exposures, by capturing successive frames of motion (water, say) to get the effect of a long exposure, with the multiple short exposures.

My definition: "multiple exposures" are successive exposures resulting in only one imge in-camera.

--
&i (: